Getting from Venice airports to Rovinj
From the both airports there is a frequent airport bus, to the Mestre Railway station in Venice, travel time from Marco Polo airport is 20-30 minutes, from the airport in Treviso about 1 hour. From the Mestre Railway station, there are train connections to a large number of cities in Italy.
Below we have listed the various travel options you have from either of the Venice Airport to Rovinj.
- By Car, as mentioned the a car drive from the Venice airport to Rovinj takes about 3 hours, expect for 15-20 km of road in Slovenia, there is highway end to end. On the highway in Italy and Croatia, toll fee applies. At the Venice airport you can rent a car from majority of the well know car rental brands, normally it is not a problem to bring the car to Croatia, but make sure to ask anyway. You can check the current car rental offers available from the Venice airport here.
- Transfer, for a small number of people a transfer is obviously a relative expensive way of travelling from the Venice airport to Rovinj, but if you are a group of 6, 8 or more people a pre-booked transfer is for sure a travel option to consider. Here you can check prices and pre-book a transfer from the Marco Polo airport, and here you can see prices and pre-book a transfer from the Treviso airport.
- Bus, from the Venice bus station there one daily direct bus (expect Sundays) to Pula, with stop in Rovinj, there is a second daily route (except Sundays) to Pula (No stop in Rovinj), which could be used to travel Venice – Pula, Pula – Rovinj. Timetable for the buses you can find here. To catch either of the buses in Venice, you will have to take the airport bus from either of the airports (Marco Polo, Treviso Airport) to Venice.
- Train, from the Mestre railway station there are frequent trains to Trieste, from Trieste you will then have to continue the travel, with either bus, rented car, pre-booked transfer or with the Trieste – Rovinj boat line (Operates only during summer season).
- Boat / Catamaran, venezialines operates a catamaran between Venice and Rovinj. During main season (July and August) the catamaran has daily departures, outside of main season (April- June + September-October) there is 2-4 weekly departures.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions about travelling from the one of the Venice airports to Rovinj.
Tags: Getting to Rovinj